is the book I wish I had when I quit my career. In the book I share a little bit of my story and some tricks to manage the challenges of becoming a full-time stay-at-home mom.
The book started out of a desire to share with other professional businesswomen the rewards and challenges of leaving the workforce to become a full-time stay-at-home mom, but quickly grew into a compendium of useful links, tips, tricks and checklists that I use to survive daily life.
When I first quit my job to stay home I was so less than domestic. I read book after book (from the library, of course, because I was learning to budget) and subscribed to a dozen homemaking blogs. After a year of trial and (mostly) error plus endless hours of research, I finally felt like I had a handle on things so I started compiling all the copious notes I had taken. (Yes, I really took notes; I am SUCH a Geek.)
When I put them all into a format that was useable I realized that I had nearly made myself a manual. Which was when the idea hit me to launch this website so I could share what I learned. If I had this much trouble transitioning from corporate America to domestic servitude I figured there had to be other women out there with the same problem!
The book has a lot of the same information published for free on my website (cube2farm.com) as well as the printables I share on this blog, however the resources are compiled into an easier to read and user-friendly format.
- “Surviving” sections detail practicable tips and checklists for making it through the first year as a Stay-at-Home Mom.
- “Thriving” sections outline ways mom can take her new career to the next level.
- Checklists and worksheets are provided at the end of the print version to help you figure out what works best for you. These worksheets can help any mom on her journey through self-discovery and homemaking organization!
- Hyperlinked external resources are provided throughout the Kindle version.
- The ebook also includes a link to free downloadable bonus materials.
Join us on the Journey!
Cube2Farm is more than just a book, though. It is a Community of like-minded women, doing the best we can to be good mommies, wives and stewards (whether that be as farmers, cooks or homeschoolers.) The blog has all sorts of great advice, and not just from me – there are guest authors almost weekly, so go ahead and , join or just follow me on or . I can’t wait to hear *your* story!
Check out featured posts and reviews at: Keeper of the Home, Kitchen Stewardship, Cornerstone Confessions, the Survival Mom, BookWormMama, and MOPS!